- What information we collect and how we collect it
- Why and how we use your information.
- How long we keep your information
- How we may share your information
- Your rights on the information we hold about you
- Security – How we keep your information safe
- How to Contact Us
The Data Controller is Parking Matters Limited. We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA072167
Information We Collect
In order to provide our services and for the other purposes set out in Use of Information below, we collect and process Personal Data from:
Our service users.
We may collect any or all of the following information, but the data we collect will be related to the service we are providing to you:
- Personal information (for example, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth, your qualifications and work experience)
- Attendance information (such as, events and dates attended)
- Details of your employment and/or membership bodies to which you belong
- Details of your clients, customers or tenants for the purpose of processing data
Employees and Associates
We may collect any or all of the following information from people who work for us as employees, contractors, volunteers or trainees.
- Personal information (for example, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, date of birth and address, your qualifications and work experience)
- Attendance information (such as dates you worked for our service)
- Assessments and submitted information related to your performance (e.g. accreditation, complaints, professional development, training etc.)
- Details of membership bodies to which you belong
- Information provided by your referees
How we collect information
We collect your information from
- Telephone conversations and emails
- Written and verbal material (collected during meetings, documents submitted to us, etc)
- Self-Referral Forms on our websites
- Referrals from third parties
- Other communications
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you and update any existing Personal Data that we currently hold from other third-party sources
How we use information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To improve our services, for example creating statistics
- To request your participation in surveys, academic research or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our services and inform professional development
- To comply with applicable law(s) or to ensure the quality and professional practice of our Employees and Associates
- To enable us to provide, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our Employees and Associates.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent – Where we have asked you for written permission to hold and process your data
- Contractual Necessity – Where we have a contract to provide services to you (for example; processing information on permits to park, an acceptance onto a training course)
- Compliance with Legal Obligations – Where for example, processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under the law
- Vital Interests – Where processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example; where we hold information on a vehicle of interest to law enforcement)
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of
- Providing and enhancing the provision of our services.
- Administration and programme delivery
- Where processing relates to personal data manifestly made public by the data subject
- Data relating to criminal offences and civil law enforcement
How long will we keep your information?
We are currently required to hold data on you and details of the services we supplied to you We will keep your information no longer than we are required to for administration, by our professional body, our insurers or our clients (whichever is the longer)..
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time-to-time under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
- The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with lawful requests from law enforcement agencies for data we hold).
- The information is provided to service providers who perform functions on our behalf, for example:
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors
- Technology providers who supply parking equipment or parking services
Subject Access/User Rights
As a user, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
- The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
- The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by updating your information online (where possible) or by sending a written request to the Administrator, at the address below.
We always work to protect your personal information that we hold, its confidentially, integrity and availability.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Employees and Associates subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and who may be disciplined or have their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We have a Security Information Policy in place which defines the measures we take to protect your personal information. We use a combination of technology and procedures to ensure that our paper and computer systems are protected, monitored and are recoverable.
- We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that they provide adequate security for your personal data.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us in relation to any aspect of this document please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Parking Matters Limited
C/O Duncan Sheard Glass,
43 Castle Street,